Here is a summary of our projects:
- Lead NoBo and Independent Safety Assessment (for TÜV Rheinland) of the specific implementation of the Alstom ECTS (ERTMS) system in the BR189 freight locomotive. Assessment of documents, e.g. the Safety Assurance Plan, Project Quality Plan, Master Test Plan, Functional Interface Hazard Analysis, Architectural FMEA, SASC and Architectural Interface Hazard Analysis. Performance of Audits and Test Witnessing.
- Independent safety lead assessor for the Bombardier and CSR Puzhen Joint Venture to provide turnkey BOMBARDIER INNOVIA APM 300 automated people mover system (APM) including 44 vehicles. This a new urban APM system to extend Shanghai Metro Line 8 to Shanghai’s Pujiangzhen district.
- Independent Safety Assessment of major railway project in various countries.
- Assessment of SBS Transit Singapore Safety Management systems against relevant EU DIRECTIVE 2004/49/EC et al. SBS are the operator of 3 of the major mass transit metro lines in Singapore.
- Senior Project Manager/Lead Assessor (for TÜV Rheinland) for Sao Paulo Line 4 Metro Independent Safety Assessment. The role featured successfully managing a team of people and a large budget. Assessment of onboard and wayside automatic train controln (ATO/ATP), interlocking and train door and brake safety functions leading to successful operation. Responsible for formalising the ISA remit and agreeing the approach with the Safety Authority.
- Advisors to the Dutch Government on a solution to ECTS incompatibility problems between lineside and onboard ECTS from different suppliers for the Havenspoorlijn (part of the Betuweroute) in the Netherlands.
- Safety assessment for Croatian Railways for various safety critical systems such as level crossing controls, track circuits and axle counters including Software/hardware and EN50128/9.
- Casco, Shanghai. Safety Assessment (for TÜV Rheinland) of the Ilock signalling system. Assessment of System Safety Case, System Hazard Analysis, and System Architecture.